Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cake



So, because my sister is kindofmaybeamazing, she's been planning my birthda cake for a year now... She made a five layer multi-coloured, multi-flavoured cake for me. I still feel really spoilt, even though it was a week ago. 

C quipped that my cake was on LSD, which made for major laughs and we were all pretty much blown away.  

Needless to say, we all felt pretty sick after the tea party, but it was fun going back in time, by playing the chocolate game and pass the parcel. 


 
Anyway, so now I am 17 and people keep on telling me that I'm old, which I'm not. At all. One is old when one has some wisdom that doesn't come from someone else's head and a face that's mapped by the journey that life has led the one on.  

While we're on the topic of Cake, I must just add a little rant about the band. I love John McCrea's monotonous wordplay. It becomes a little samey and perhaps a little irritating (I'm trying to avoid negative emotives here) after a while, but the lyrics are quirky enough to make up for this.Or maybe I'm just biased by my love for the trumpet...



 





1 comment: