Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Promenade

So, we went marching about in the mist on Saturday and it was cool, both literally and figuratively. I should have updated this then, but this is only my second blog and I'm a firm believer in the fact that it takes 21 times to make something a habit. So cut me some slack. 

Water
It's been a long time since I went up there and the pieces of granite looked like bits of the moon had fallen to the earth. It was awe-inspiring to go and appreciate the beauty that surrounds me again. Tar has this hazardous way of sucking the life out of one. I suppose I really just needed to feel the red earth beneath my feet and pretend that I was a giant and not an ant for a few hours.  

Bloodsucker - Icky Ticky

Anyway, I think I got some good shots - I've been pretty lethargic about cultivating creativity recently, so it felt really good - even though my sister threatened to confiscate the camera and I had a head-on collision with a thorn bush because I wasn't really looking where I was going.


Rust and Proteas
A plane crashed into a pole/ beacon from below.
Pretty purple flowers that hurt my hand a bit.


Report Card:
  • We saw black eagles.
  • My sister was stung by a bee and her finger swelled up - it looked awesome.
  • My sister and I had to stop to admire the view a good number of times while climbinf the rock.
  • I saw the rock from behind for the first time ever.
  • My cousin looked for pinecones to munch the pinenuts out of.
  • I revived my obsessive need to photograph everything I see.
...then I went and babysat 6 Belgian Kids. I was pretty physched that I could understand Flemish, but not as physched as I was when I got paid at the end of the night.

2 comments:

  1. Your photography is beautiful. And everytime I write out the word beautiful I have to say "betty eats apples under trees in france until late"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography really is lovely. Judging by the time between this post and the last one, I can assess you'll update your blog more than cough*somepeople*cough :D

    ReplyDelete